Thursday, August 15, 2013

Guidiamo al Arezzo

After an hours long meal at Dario, followed by more festive celebration back at the castle, Michael and I made the bold decision to wake up early and drive to Arezzo. Panzano is situated in the mountains, almost midway between Siena and Florence. Leaving Panzano involves many, many winding roads. The drive to Arezzo was particularly windy. To make a long story short, I have never felt so carsick in my life, which is disappointing when it means you can't enjoy views like this...


Michael got us to Arezzo in one piece, and we enjoyed a quiet stroll through the town. Arezzo is, of course, home to the famous 'Guido d'Arezzo', but I was feeling too sick to manage to get a picture of his statue. Still, we had a lovely visit, enjoyed the architecture and the relative lack of crowds.


These 'laundry installations' were everywhere. I don't know what that was all about, but they were cool.


And I liked this tower of books.






No comments:

Post a Comment